ESTATE PLANNING & PROBATE ATTORNEYS IN NORTHEASTERN MN
Costley & Morris, P.C. provides the Northeastern MN area with guidance in estate planning and probate matters.
You may assume that you do not need an estate plan. If you have assets that you want your family to receive after you pass away, you need a plan. With a plan, you will determine the distribution of your property and finalize your wishes. Call our local Two Harbors, MN office at (218) 834-2194 to get started.
The Value of an Estate Plan
- Will - Lets you decide who inherits your assets and who you appoint to be your personal representative (the person who will be in charge of your estate).
- Trust - Lets you decide whether or not you wish to use an estate planning trust and a discussion about advantages of the use of a trust.
- Power of Attorney - Lets you appoint your spouse or someone you trust to act in your behalf in the event you become disabled. Without a Power of Attorney, if you become disabled, a guardian or conservator needs to be appointed in a court proceedings to manage your assets. The question: Who do you want to manage your assets if you become disabled, your family or a Minnesota district court?
- Deeds - Lets you gift your land to who you want to own it after you have passed away, i.e. Transfer on Death Deed.
- Health Care Declaration (most commonly referred to as a “Living Will”) – Lets you put in writing your plan for end of life health care and which family members will be part of that process.
- Nursing Home Issues - A discussion regarding the impact of you becoming a nursing home resident on your assets.
- Estate Taxes - A discussion regarding the impact of Federal and Minnesota estate taxes on your assets.
Our attorneys will make sure that you receive the personalized and attentive service you deserve.
"Mitchel Costley is your go to attorney for the Two Harbors area in Minnesota. His prices are very reasonable. He helped us prepare land for resale for my mom. He knew exactly what was needed and helped us find local contacts to help us along the way. Great Law firm and it was a pleasure working with Mitch."
– Ron F.
"The Costley law firm has helped me many times. Tim Costley has done an outstanding and professional job handling all my legal needs particularly on a case involving personal injury. Tim took the time to explain everything I should expect during the case and possible outcome. Tim knows the law very well and I was extremely happy with the settlement he negotiated for me. I would highly recommend Tim Costley, Mitch Costley and all there friendly helpful staff."
– Richard B.
"Top notch lawyers. They fight for their clients. They get the best results"
– Mike R.
COSTLEY & MORRIS, P.C.
609 1st Ave Two Harbors, MN 55616
Phone: (218) 834-2194
Fax: (218) 834-5004
Hours of Operation
8:00 am - 12:00 pm & 1:00 - 5:00 pm
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sat - Sun: Closed